Sunday 21 September 2014

Heart on a Chain by Cindy. C .Bennett

Individual people are passionate towards different things. I'm passionate about books and putting a stop to Domestic Abuse. This book hits a nerve that resounds throughout my body and awakens such strong emotion in me.

It opens everyone's eyes to what possibilities may be going on around us, it just makes us that much more aware of what we are saying and how it could affect a sensitive soul. I'm sure Kate's story has touched many people's hearts and not only that but it's given people hope. Hope that one day they will be safe from the abuse. It may inspire the courage to ask for help.

I've read so many books but only a special few can touch my heart as this one does, when I cried at the words in this book they meant so much more than sadness, they were for her, they were for Kate. She may only be a character in a book but I felt as if I knew her and I wanted so much to climb inside the book and comfort her.

Henry is such a wonderful young man, he's so sensitive. He wears his heart on his sleeve and he when he loves he does it intensely. I would, just as many other girls love to have a boy like that in my life. But unfortunately that is not the case in reality.

The book...

Kate Mosley was just like any other child, she was happy, loved and care free just as she should have been. She had a best friend call Henry Jamison in Elementary School. But Everything changed. Henry moved away and her parents became cold and didn't love her as they should.

Years later she's in High School and Henry has moved back and she's nothing like the care free girl she once was. She's always quiet and is the school's favorite bullying victim. Kate has no friends and is mortified when Henry returns. He probably thinks she's a scruff too. He'll start bullying her too. So she tries to run from him.

But Kate is wrong, Henry wants to befriend her. He's completely bemused at her blatant need to get away from him. He's completely confused. He's not sure what has happened to her whilst he has been gone. As he fits into High School it becomes obvious to him that Kate is everyone's favorite bullying victim and it enrages him. He realizes he must be cautious were Kate is concerned and tries to befriend her.

As they get closer to one another Henry learns Kate's painful secret she's been keeping from him and he vows to do whatever he must to keep her safe. But Kate is stubborn and that stubbornness may be the one thing that takes her from Henry.

I rate this book 5 stars and recommend any reader to read this.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Becks,

    Hope you are doing good. You have got an amazing blog here, loved it. I am a huge fan of Fringe and GoT too. I am writing to you today, looking for an honest review of my suspense, thriller, sci-fi story-book "Time Crawlers", published on June 14, 2018, via Kindle Direct Publishing. The book is 118 pages long.
    Alien Invasion, Dark Artificial Intelligence, Time-Travel, High-Tech Hindu Mythology, Djinn Folklore, Telekinetics and life-consuming Cosmic Entities are some major themes in my book which has 6 tightly-knit, fast-paced Sci-Fi stories.

    Your precious words would be a very big help to me and would enable me to write better books in the future. Please let me know if you would be willing to share your valuable review. I will share the PDF or MOBI as required by you.

    Amazon link here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DRPPGK6
    Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40540847-time-crawlers

    Please let me know how to proceed.

    Very Respectfully,
    Varun Sayal

    ReplyDelete